Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE)" <st...@hmrcaspire.com> on 2009/10/13 18:49:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Authorisation using LDAP

Hi there,

I'm wanting to configure apache to provide authorisation using LDAP, my
users already authenticate via another method so I only want to
authorize access if the user belongs to a particular group or role. And
I want to apply this access to both static content in my DocumentRoot
and also to allow the users to then be proxied onwards. Does anyone have
any examples of configuration for providing authorisation only, all
examples I have found related to authentication and then authorization
and I can't get it to work.

Cheers in advance

Steve

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.

Re: [users@httpd] Authorisation using LDAP

Posted by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

What you describe can be handled by
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html

and a combination of Location tags if you want your authentication to
be fine grained.

--
"The secret impresses no-one, the trick you use it for is everything"
- Alfred Borden (The Prestiege)