Posted to dev@s2graph.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2015/12/28 06:11:23 UTC

[DISCUSSION] workflow and review policy

Hi folks,

We need to discuss the development workflow and review policy. Many of
committers may be new to ASF development process, and each ASF project
has its own bylaws based on common process. Hence, we need to discuss
and decide them now.

First of all, you guys need to read the following documentation:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#votes-on-code-modification
http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview
http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#ReviewThenCommit

Most of the code modifications should involve voting process.
According to whether you guys follow lazy consensus or not, you can
choose CTR (commit then review) and RTC (review then commit).

Simply, RTC requires +1 from at least one committer without -1 before
the patch commit. CTS can get +1 even after the patch commit, but the
patch can be reverted according to the result of reviews.

Which policy do you guys prefer?

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Re: [DISCUSSION] workflow and review policy

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot!

Posted by Jaesang Kim <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hello folks.

--
Best regards,
Jaesang

Re: [DISCUSSION] workflow and review policy

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jaesang Kim <ho...@gmail.com>.
make a Github mirror +1

--
Best regards,
Jaesang

Re: [DISCUSSION] workflow and review policy

Posted by "Kim, Min-Seok" <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaesang Kim <ho...@gmail.com>.
I vote +1 to CTR.

Posted by Hyunsung Jo <hy...@gmail.com>.
By the looks, Apache Review Board (https://reviews.apache.org) seems like a

Posted by "Kim, Min-Seok" <ms...@gmail.com>.
It was RTC, thanks.

RTC +1

If we use github, is Review Board required?
AFAIK, we can review using github features such as commenting to PRs or
Issues.

Minseok

Posted by Hwansung Yu <de...@gmail.com>.
RTC was the way we worked so far.

I agree to RTC.

Best regards.

Posted by Jun Ki Kim <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,
I vote +1 to RTC as above mentioned way( like github PR and merge to target
branch, e.g. trunk branch).
I'm not a committer, but I just want to give my opinion. :)

Best regards.

2015년 12월 31일 (목) 오전 1:24, DO YUNG YOON <sh...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by DO YUNG YOON <sh...@gmail.com>.
Had no idea it was RTC.