Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Dave Tenerowicz <dt...@salmonllc.com> on 2008/02/20 01:11:48 UTC

County level sales tax calculations

Once again I am trying to get sales tax calculations to be done at the
zipcode level. I notice that there was a Jira issue (resolved) about
this in 2006, but I still cannot get this to work. First of all, the
checkout is being done as anonymous checkout - this is an order entry
application, not ecommerce.

I have loaded data into TaxAuthority, using geoId's that are configured
at the postal code level. Working with NY state data, this means an
entry for each geo (postal code, like 00401) with the tax AuthPartyId as
NY_DTF. I have setup an entry for each geo in TaxAuthorityCategory,
associating the geos to a single taxable product category. Finally, I
setup entries in TaxAuthorityRateProduct that assigns a tax rate for
each of the (postal) geos. Although I do not think it matters, I also
created relevant rows in PartyTaxAuthInfo as well.

Note that I did not use the ZipSalesTaxLookup entity, based upon
suggestions in a previous thread. We are using rev # 594566.

The net result is that no tax is being calculated, but I cannot see why.
No relevant errors are in the log. Any suggestions on what might be
missing? Has anyone else ever successfully configured for sales tax
calculations at the county/zip level??

Thanks!

--
Dave Tenerowicz
dtenerowicz@salmonllc.com

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8331

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: County level sales tax calculations

Posted by Ken288 <ke...@gmail.com>.
I followed your methodology on the Utah Sanpete (UT-SANPETE or UT_SANPETE)
example but it doesn't work. I just wonder if you can shed some light (best
with screenshots starting from party group creation, geo id creation to tax
authorization configuration, and etc) on how you set up the zip-county tax
calculation. Your kind advise will be most appreciated.

Posted by Dave Tenerowicz <dt...@salmonllc.com>.
Thanks David. I didn't have all the geoAssoc values setup. Once I did
that, tax calculation by county works perfectly. Appreciate the help!
-Dave

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.