Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2006/02/14 00:33:38 UTC

Connectors configure can't find apxs, but it is there

Hello:

I am running Apache 1.3 on a Linux box and when I try to configure
the JK 1.2.15 connectors, I do these commands:

cd /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.15-src/jk/native
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs

I get this error:

could not find /usr/sbin/apxs
configure: error: You must specify a valid --with-apxs path

When I try to list that file:

ls -la /usr/sbin/apxs

I see it is there:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        22180 Nov  5  2001 /usr/sbin/apxs

Any ideas why this is failing?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (214) 986-3533, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by