Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Nye <mn...@ims400.com> on 2004/04/01 21:14:18 UTC

Almost got it...

Hi,

  I have the new tomcat (5.0) and modJk 2 installed with apache 2.

Tomcat is getting my servlet requests but now is stating the service is
temporarily unavailable.

Actual error in the browser is

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

If I go to the same url with :8080 I get the examples..

I ussally use tomcat 3 with apache 2.0.  In the httpd.conf file I just have
to add jkMount command.  This doesn't work any more with tomcat 5 and I'm
thoroughly confused.    I don't have anymore time to set this up..  Tomorrow
the server goes up with tomcat 3 and apache 2 which works pretty good with a
few stability problems.  I would like to setup tomcat 5 to "stay current"
but don't seem to have the smarts to get it going..

What I really need..

Apache with Virtual hosts.

One servlet directory to store the servlets for the ONE application the
server will run. The url needs to look like this.

http://www.xxxxxx.com/servlet/helloWorld

I build my code as class files and sftp them to the servlet directory.. I
don't need or want any kind of automation tool for this.  I think this is
where ant and warp come in but don't have time or energy to learn this..

Does anyone have a simple startup for such an scenario..  I had this working
this way for years but it seems the new tomcat changed so much I'm
snowballed out and have to start over with the docs etc.. to do what we have
been doing for years..

I'm very familiar with linux and apache and java.  I don't really need a
step by step just a simple explaination of the setup files required to get
apache to pass anything ../servlet to tomcat.

Sorry for the long rant,  but I have no where else to turn on this one..

Extremely frustrated,

Mark