Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Edward Luong <el...@sharpcast.com> on 2007/07/31 00:57:11 UTC

regex extractor on response headers with no content

Hi,

I looked around for this and couldn't seem to find a solution.  How do I
extract a regular expression from a HTTP response header when the
response has no content.  It seems that if there is no content, the
regular expressions extractor gets skipped completely.  For example:

Post Request

-          Regex Extractor with reference name: myRef  ( this extracts
some regex from the http response header)

-          Default value is: BAD

Get request

-          request to: localhost/${myRef}

If the POST has some content (for example, I get a 404 error so some
content is sent), the next GET request will look like: localhost/BAD  .
The regex extractor is run but no pattern matches so I get the default
value.

But if the POST replies with no content, the get request will look like:
localhost/${myRef}.  It doesn't look like the regex extractor is run at
all because I don't get the default value.

Thanks,

ed