Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Dave Smith <di...@jabber.org> on 2004/02/11 22:08:32 UTC

YAP - Prefix tracking

Greetings,

I've been doing a fair amount of work with XML signatures/c14n  and have
found that xmlbeans doesn't track prefixes as it should. Now, I would
agree that prefixes are overrated, and were never intended to be used as
they are in modern XML specs (such as xml-dsig and xml-enc). However, I
have to work with this stuff, so I need my outstanding Java XML library
to help me out.

As such, here is a patch to the underlying XML store to support
(rudimentary) prefix preservation/tracking. So far it only works if you
are parsing using the SAX loader and if you're outputting using the DOM
saver, but it's a start.

If the core teams considers that the current behaviour of disregarding
prefixes on input/output is a bug, I will be glad to file this patch as
such.

D.