Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Balaji Chandrasekaran <cb...@virtusa.com> on 2006/04/26 16:28:52 UTC

inter-portlet communication

Hi all.....I want to use inter-portlet communication in my portlets ie.
What ever values I change in one portlet need to be passed to another
portlet ...im currently using session in application scope to do that.
But the problem is I want to get the session value in doview and want to
store that in preference of that portlet . But im not able to store pref
in doView .....Because of this if I relogin im losing that value.

In simple words im trying to pass a value from one portlet to another
and store that in preference.....How do I do that...pls send me some
suggestions.....!

If I change something in one portlet I want that change to be reflected
in all other portlets and want to maintain the change across logins.

Hope whatever I explained is clear.

Pls reply ASAP.

Regards,

Balaji C

Re: inter-portlet communication

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
If I am correct in assuming that you want said values to be user
specific, then it sounds like what you want is user attributes that
are persisted.

Preferences are portlet specific.  And what's more, user specific ones
are supported at the moment in jetspeed (although hopefully they will
be soon).

For information on user attributes see:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-user-attributes.html