Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Krishnan Sundaram <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/03 18:00:56 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] release candidates for 1.10.1 and 1.11.0

Hi all,

Is there a documented process for creating a new release? Something which
lists the steps involved including prerequisites, quality gates, etc. which
would help volunteers?

Thanks,
Krishnan

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.
Hello all!  I've been working through the above steps (which are by no
means anything official) for 1.10.1

I'm pretty happy with states of steps 1-3 and did some cherry-picking from
master to branch-1.10 for some necessary fixes (notably the three examples
I specifically called out)!

There's three outstanding PRs that I'd liked to see reviewed and merged
before making a first RC:

AVRO-2945: Add CPAN trademark clarification
https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/975

AVRO-2924: LocalDateTime for logical type local-timestamp-millis
https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/950

AVRO-2875: Add logging to avro-tools
https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/925

Can someone help take a look at these, and/or review any PRs that are in a
good state to be merged soon?  I think it would be great if I could start
making an RC1 beginning of next week!

Best regards, Ryan

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.