Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by allan juul <la...@inet.uni2.dk> on 2002/06/25 17:48:22 UTC

review site

hi

please visit this for a quick review

http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/

please note
- perl/camel logo needs url
- print style sheet not included

- search doesn't work
- some pages might be missing as i have some ftp problems

have checked on various windows browsers and looks ok from here

./allan

Re: review site

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 20:11 25.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>allan juul wrote:
>>hi
>>please visit this for a quick review
>>http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/
>
>Welcome back Allan!
>
>Looks good, problems:
>
>mozilla, opera6: all links on the index.html pages are underlined.
>konqueror: the oppposite
>
>what was the intention?

I get fonts underlines on all browsers here, so I guess that was the
intention -- bug with our stylesheets and konqueror?

>the same with normal pages.
>
>Notice that mozilla/opera on:
>http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Before_you_start_to_code
>two links out of three are not underlined.

Seems like it's <a> in list versus <a> normal. Same thing here. I guess it
should always be underlined ecxept in the top TOC.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: review site

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
allan juul wrote:
> hi stas
>
> thanks for the notes, im currently rebuilding the corrections you mentioned ...
>

>>mozilla, opera6: all links on the index.html pages are underlined.
>>konqueror: the oppposite
>

> this is my guide to our links:
> all links are default underlined.
> exceptions are:
> - menu links
> - links that appear in table-of-contents sections be it inside a <ul> or <dl>
> tag
> all non-underlined links has the hover facility of an underline

yup, which wasn't the case in konqueror.

>>Notice that mozilla/opera on:
>>

> http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Before
> _you_start_to_code
>
>>two links out of three are not underlined.
>

> fixed and coming to a screen near you ...

cool!

>>otherwise from a quick check mozilla-1.0/opera-6.0/NS4/konqueror on
>>linux all look great (fonts suck in certain sections, but what can we do
>>to keep everybody happy)
>

> i too have a font sucking problem but only or mainly in pre-sections - the
> same your end?

different sections in different browsers, overall the cross-platform
fonts selection sucks!

Re: review site

Posted by allan juul <la...@inet.uni2.dk>.
hi stas

thanks for the notes, im currently rebuilding the corrections you mentioned ...

> mozilla, opera6: all links on the index.html pages are underlined.
> konqueror: the oppposite

this is my guide to our links:
all links are default underlined.
exceptions are:
- menu links
- links that appear in table-of-contents sections be it inside a <ul> or <dl>
tag
all non-underlined links has the hover facility of an underline

> Notice that mozilla/opera on:

http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Before
_you_start_to_code
> two links out of three are not underlined.

fixed and coming to a screen near you ...

> otherwise from a quick check mozilla-1.0/opera-6.0/NS4/konqueror on
> linux all look great (fonts suck in certain sections, but what can we do
> to keep everybody happy)

i too have a font sucking problem but only or mainly in pre-sections - the
same your end?

/allan

Re: review site

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: review site

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> At 17:48 25.06.2002, allan juul wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> please visit this for a quick review
>

> btw, when you merge, make sure you don't leave out the changes we have
> made to the templates lately. (for example your "Short Cuts" are
> incomplete), and watch out for the headers template which has changed
> drastically.

Well, Allan if you think it's going to be a tough task, I'll do the
merge. Though please try to at least merge some of it ;) Thanks.

Re: review site

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.

Re: review site

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 08:32 26.06.2002, allan juul wrote:
>hi per
>
>Quoting Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>:
>
> > Just one note: could you please give me some style for my tables? I think
> > it's good to have them fit with the style, so I used the table classes from
> >
> > the menu, but now that it's with a white background it looks kinda weird:
> >
> > Compare:
> > http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/about/contributors/people.html
> > with:_
> > http://perl.apache.org/release/about/contributors/people.html
> >
> > I think some grey style for the background would be nice.
>
>agreed and sorry i overlooked that.
>
>i think the menu background should be 100% pure white as they sit themselves
>on a gray background and agree that table should have a light gray background
>as it sits on a white bacgkound.
>
>i suggest you use a completely different class than those from the menu to
>seperate things easily. i think its easier if you make this change in the
>relevant files and then append the new rules in the stylesheet.

Yes, yes, I agree with you. It was a small hack to use the menu classes.
I'll do that soon (tomorrow evening probably).

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: review site

Posted by allan juul <la...@inet.uni2.dk>.
hi per

Quoting Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>:

> Just one note: could you please give me some style for my tables? I think
> it's good to have them fit with the style, so I used the table classes from
>
> the menu, but now that it's with a white background it looks kinda weird:
>
> Compare:
> http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/about/contributors/people.html
> with:_
> http://perl.apache.org/release/about/contributors/people.html
>
> I think some grey style for the background would be nice.

agreed and sorry i overlooked that.

i think the menu background should be 100% pure white as they sit themselves
on a gray background and agree that table should have a light gray background
as it sits on a white bacgkound.

i suggest you use a completely different class than those from the menu to
seperate things easily. i think its easier if you make this change in the
relevant files and then append the new rules in the stylesheet.

thanks
/allan

Re: review site

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 17:48 25.06.2002, allan juul wrote:
>hi
>
>please visit this for a quick review
>
>http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/
>
>please note
>- perl/camel logo needs url
>- print style sheet not included
>
>- search doesn't work
>- some pages might be missing as i have some ftp problems
>
>have checked on various windows browsers and looks ok from here

Well, looks great for me:

IE 6.0 +1
Mozilla 1.0 +1
Opera 6.01 +1

Just one note: could you please give me some style for my tables? I think
it's good to have them fit with the style, so I used the table classes from
the menu, but now that it's with a white background it looks kinda weird:

Compare:
http://www.bullitt.suite.dk/mod_rel/dst_html/about/contributors/people.html
with:_
http://perl.apache.org/release/about/contributors/people.html

I think some grey style for the background would be nice.

Seems to look good on Win98 IE 5 too, for the record.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be