Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Jukka Laitinen <ju...@ssrc.tii.ae> on 2021/01/14 13:44:17 UTC

Protected build MPU configuration on STM32F765II

Hi!

I bumped into weirdest problem while running NuttX in protected mode
build on the STM32F765II (Pixhawk 4 HW):

If the user SRAM is configured as "shareable", I am not able to write
anything into the SRAM (not even early in the boot, initializing user
heaps fail).

If I remove the MPU_RASR_S bit from the  mpu_user_intsram macro, the
thing boots fine up to the application (modified px4 firmware in my case).

Has anyone else seen this behaviour, or understand what might cause
this?  Is someone else running protected build on STM32F7?

I would assume that the MPU_RASR_S would be no-op as this is a
single-core soc..

Regards,

Jukka