Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2006/01/23 09:41:53 UTC

Re: how to call psml from a portlet's doView method.

Parambathu Kandy, Yasser Arafat (Cognizant) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a portal page with 7 portlets using j2.
>

> In one of the portlet, clicking on submit should take me to another page
> with 3 portlets.
>

> Is it possible to call the psml directly from the portlet doView method
> ? if yes, how is it done?

The portlet should post back to itself (and the same page) to execute
the action correctly. At the end of your action, after you have
processed everything else, you may redirect to another portlet page with
the ActionResponse.sendRedirect method:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/portlet-api/javax/portlet/ActionResponse.html#sendRedirect(java.lang.String)

     public void processAction(ActionRequest request,
             ActionResponse response) throws PortletException, IOException
     {
      response.sendRedirect("/jetspeed/portal/cognizant/home.psml");
     }

> Also, I don't want to use an external link to call a psml.
>
> The processAction of the portlet should perform certain logic before
> navigating to the next page.
>

> help needed desperately,
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Yasser
>
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
>
> Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
>
> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
>   Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
[office] +01 707 773-4646
[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

Re: Send email to user when user register successfully.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Pham Tuan Minh wrote:
> Hi,
> After user register successfully, a email is sent to user.
> But I don't receive any email after I register successfully.
> What is the wrong ? I have n't found any document about the problem yet.
> Please, help me. Thanks.

The email sender component is configured in the Spring configuration
file : adminstration.xml

   <bean id="mailSender"
class="org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl">
   </bean>

Send email to user when user register successfully.

Posted by Pham Tuan Minh <ph...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
After user register successfully, a email is sent to user.
But I don't receive any email after I register successfully.
What is the wrong ? I have n't found any document about the problem yet.
Please, help me. Thanks.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Re: how to call psml from a portlet's doView method.

Posted by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com>.
Answering my own questions:

Joachim Müller wrote:

> 1.) Is this a HTTP redirect response that travels back to the browser
> and results in a new request?

this WILL be send to the client, thus resulting in two requests/response
cycles for such an action. I don't like this because of performance loss
and the possible multiple click sounds in IE.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Languages/JavaScript/Q_20764793.html

> 2.) How can I specify parameters for a portlet on another page? Is there
> another way than:
>
> response.sendRedirect("/jetspeed/portal/cognizant/home.psml?param=...");

Yes. One can use the session (application scope) to transmit parameters.
There is a AbstractVelocityMessagingPortlet which uses the
PortletMessaging class that encapsulates the session operations.

Posted by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com>.
Hi I have 2 questions for this case:

1.) Is this a HTTP redirect response that travels back to the browser
and results in a new request?

@Parambathu quick and dirty alternativ: specify a link in your template
that points to the page

David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Parambathu Kandy, Yasser Arafat (Cognizant) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a portal page with 7 portlets using j2.
>>

>> In one of the portlet, clicking on submit should take me to another page
>> with 3 portlets.
>>

>> Is it possible to call the psml directly from the portlet doView method
>> ? if yes, how is it done?
>>
> The portlet should post back to itself (and the same page) to execute
> the action correctly. At the end of your action, after you have
> processed everything else, you may redirect to another portlet page with
> the ActionResponse.sendRedirect method:
>
> http://www.bluesunrise.com/portlet-api/javax/portlet/ActionResponse.html#sendRedirect(java.lang.String)
>

>     public void processAction(ActionRequest request,
>             ActionResponse response) throws PortletException, IOException
>     {
>      response.sendRedirect("/jetspeed/portal/cognizant/home.psml");
>     }
>

>> Also, I don't want to use an external link to call a psml.
>>
>> The processAction of the portlet should perform certain logic before
>> navigating to the next page.
>>

>> help needed desperately,
>>

>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Yasser
>>
>> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
>> the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
>> information.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
>> reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
>>
>> Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
>> printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
>> this e-mail is strictly
>>
>> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>>
>>   Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

. frankfurt am main, -6°c, die gefühlte temperatur
  liegt bei -12°c. zur zeit keine wolken unter 1500 m
  und keine kumulunimbus oder gewitterwolken. die
  sichtweite reicht weiter als 10 km.

< joachim müller
  joachim@wemove.com
  t +49 69 759003 11