Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Matthew Shaw <Ma...@ambulance.qld.gov.au> on 2017/08/29 04:25:34 UTC

exception handling in karaf differs to my test

Hi All,

I have a strange error. I am using camel 2.20.1 and I have a test working perfectly for a route which uses onException to handle a known exception from invoking a web service. However, if I deploy this into apache karaf, the onException handler never gets entered into. I am running cxf 3.x in karaf via the camel-cxf feature.

Here is my error handler
.to(toEndpoint)
    .onException(SoapFault.class).continued(true)
        .process(new Processor() {
            @Override
                Exception e = exchange.getProperty("CamelExceptionCaught", Exception.class);
                if (e.getMessage().contains("TimesheetAlreadyExistsException")) {
                    logger.info("Handling TimesheetAlreadyExistsException");
                    exchange.getIn().removeHeader("operationName");
                    exchange.getIn().setHeader("operationName", "update");
                    ProducerTemplate template = getContext().createProducerTemplate();
                    template.send("remote-service-paymenttimesheet", exchange);
                }else
                    throw new RuntimeException(e);
            }
        })

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Matt.
This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender. You should also delete this email, and any copies, from your computer system network and destroy any hard copies produced.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email is also prohibited.

Although the Queensland Ambulance Service takes all reasonable steps to ensure this email does not contain malicious software, the Queensland Ambulance Service does not accept responsibility for the consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers any disruption to services, loss of information, harm or is infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme or code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this email.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views of the Queensland Government.

The content presented in this publication is distributed by the Queensland Government as an information source only. The State of Queensland makes no statements, representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained in this publication. The State of Queensland disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation for liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you might incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in any way, and for any reason reliance was placed on such information.

RE: exception handling in karaf differs to my test

Posted by Matthew Shaw <Ma...@ambulance.qld.gov.au>.
Thanks Mary, yes I did separate it from routing logic and it has fixed my issue, cheers.

Have you tried keeping the onException section disconnected from your original route and placing it above the route.  So more like this?

onException(SoapFault.class).handled(true)
{
                    logger.info("Handling TimesheetAlreadyExistsException");
                    exchange.getIn().removeHeader("operationName");
                    exchange.getIn().setHeader("operationName", "update");
                    ProducerTemplate template = getContext().
createProducerTemplate();
                    template.send("remote-service-paymenttimesheet",
exchange);
                }else
                    throw new RuntimeException(e);
            }