Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by COFFMAN Steven <SC...@CBSINC.com> on 2000/07/14 21:58:09 UTC

RE: cvs commit: xml-fop build.sh

I don't understand at all. Why would xml-fop/docs/examples/runtests.sh
checkout of CVS with properly set execute permissions, but build.sh will
not? I removed it and then checked in an executable version to do exactly
this and it didn't change anything. Wacky.

Anyway, I haven't been making much progress with Jon Mountjoy's list
indentation (interrupted by end of the page) bug. Fixing this permissions
was just procrastination.
-Steve

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

COFFMAN Steven wrote:

> I don't understand at all. Why would xml-fop/docs/examples/runtests.sh
> checkout of CVS with properly set execute permissions, but build.sh will
> not? I removed it and then checked in an executable version to do exactly
> this and it didn't change anything. Wacky.

An anooying thing I have found with cvs is that if a file is added with
particular sticky tags, then you want to change them (eg. make it a binary
file) and you remove the file and then re-add the file with the binary flag
on the cvs merely recovers the old file from it cvs 'Attic' and does not add
the actual file you added.
This may be related to your exeprience. One way to fix this is to delete the
file from the Attic in the cvs repository (possibly dangerous).