Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by MTG dev <de...@magnatempusgroup.net> on 2012/09/24 18:31:21 UTC

Spark in-memory analytics in BigTop stack

Fellow BigTop'pers.

We have just rolled out a readily available Spark 0.5 (www.spark-project.org)
packaged for Ubuntu distribution. This package is build against current
official Apache Hadoop 1.0.3, so it should be compatible with everything from
0.20.205 up to Hadoop 1.1 release candidate. Redhat/CentOS version is coming in
a few days (in case someone is interested).

You can find all related information at
    http://www.magnatempusgroup.net/blog/2012/09/24/incredibly-fast-in-memory-analytics-for-bigdata-technology-preview/
and download installable package from
    http://magnatempusgroup.net/ftphost/releases/Spark-0.5-1.0.3/

I am posting this here, because the package is created in the exact standards of BigTop stack. In other words, BigTop rules!

We would love to hear your feedback and comments!

--
With regards,
	Alef

Re: Spark in-memory analytics in BigTop stack

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 04:06PM, Wing Yew Poon wrote:
> Hi,
> please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Spark runs on top of
> Mesos. Does it not require Mesos to run?

Yes, you are right. That's why Mesos library is a part of Spark's dependencies.

Now, there are 'on top of Mesos' and 'on Mesos cluster', which are quite
different apparently ;)

Cos

Posted by Wing Yew Poon <wy...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by MTG dev <de...@magnatempusgroup.net>.
Thanks Bruno!

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.

Posted by MTG dev <de...@magnatempusgroup.net>.
Hi there.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anatoli Fomenko <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Alef,

Great news!

Spark developers are interested in developing Spark packages and contributing them to open source. Since you already have them, what would you think about contributing the source to BigTop?

Thank you,
Anatoli