Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by James Cheng <wu...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/19 19:49:02 UTC

Are timestamps available for records stored in Kafka Streams state stores?

Hi,

I'm trying to see if timestamps are available for records that are stored in Kafka Streams state stores.

I saw "KIP-258: Allow to Store Record Timestamps in RocksDB"
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-258%3A+Allow+to+Store+Record+Timestamps+in+RocksDB <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-258:+Allow+to+Store+Record+Timestamps+in+RocksDB>

But I am not sure if it has been fully implemented. The vote thread went through, but it looks like the implementation is still in progress.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-8382 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-8382>

The KIP page says "2.3.0 (partially implemented, inactive)"

Can someone share what the current thoughts are, around this KIP?

Thanks!

-James

Re: Are timestamps available for records stored in Kafka Streams state stores?

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Added. Feel free to update wiki pages with smaller details like this
directly.

-Matthias

Posted by James Cheng <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.