Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Nandkumar Kesavan <na...@sun.com> on 2003/04/24 00:57:49 UTC

Third party libraries not included in the CVS module

Maybe this is a dumb question :( , but could someone explain why the
third party libraries like xerces and xalan are available in the binary
downloads, but not in the source module/download?

Thanks,
nandu

Re: Third party libraries not included in the CVS module

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.

--On Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 15:57 -0700 Nandkumar Kesavan
<na...@sun.com> wrote:

> Maybe this is a dumb question :( , but could someone explain why the
> third party libraries like xerces and xalan are available in the binary
> downloads, but not in the source module/download?

For performance reasons... Most of my development activities was done via a
slow telephone line and I was not interested in keeping rapidly moving
targets like xerces and xalan binaries up-to-date.

Christian