Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Pascal Forget <Pa...@videotron.ca> on 2003/04/07 21:26:19 UTC

Accepting any SSL server certificate

Hi,

How should I modify the BasicAuthenticationExample
so that it would accept to connect to an https server
which has a hand rolled test certificate?

In other words, I am just interested in connecting
to the https server, and I am willing to accept the
certificate at face value without verifying it against
a certificate authority.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Pascal Forget

Re: Accepting any SSL server certificate

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Pascal,

Have a look at these classes. I suppose that's what you need.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/

Please note, though, that these classes are not officially a part of
HttpClient and therefore are not supported by the HttpClient development
team. These classes are provided as reference material only.

Cheers

Oleg