Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Naveen M <na...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 21:59:42 UTC

Ranger hive create external table error

Re: Ranger hive create external table error

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
It should have worked. If not, try * for now and see if it is resolved?

Bosco

From: Naveen M <na...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 4:53 AM
To: <us...@ranger.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Ranger hive create external table error

I am using 1.2.0 and I have added URL policy in ranger.

Anything else I need to check?

Thanks

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 00:42 Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

Naveen, you need to add URL policy in Hive Service (in Ranger).

Bosco

From: Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 3:52 PM
To: "user@ranger.apache.org" <us...@ranger.apache.org>

Naveen,

Which version of ranger you are using?

Thanks,

Ramesh

From: Naveen M <na...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 4:15 AM
To: "user@ranger.apache.org" <us...@ranger.apache.org>
Subject: Fwd: Ranger hive create external table error

Can anyone please look into this?

I am getting the below error when creating an external table on Hive with S3 location. I created a Ranger policy (URL Type) to enable “READ” access to the S3 location.

Is there anything else missing here in terms of Ranger policy provisioning? Please let me know.

My requirement looks similar to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1513

1.
2.  Error while compiling statement: FAILED: HiveAccessControlException Permission denied: user [USER1] does not have [READ] privilege on [s3://LOCATION]: org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException
3.  org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: HiveAccessControlException Permission denied: user [USER1] does not have [READ] privilege on [s3://LOCATION]

Posted by Naveen M <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.

From: Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 3:52 PM