Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/15 06:21:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] Deprecate support for Spark 2.2.x and earlier version

Hi Folks,

Spark 2.2.x will be EOL[1] from January of 2019. So I am considering to
deprecate support for spark 2.2.x and earlier version in Zeppelin 0.9.0.
Deprecation means that from Zeppelin 0.9 user is still able to run spark
2.2.x and earlier version, but will see a warning message in frontend about
this deprecation. And in the next major version(maybe 0.10, or 1.0), we
would totally remove support for spark 2.2.x and earlier version. The
impact for users is the deprecation message in frontend. It may cause
issues for users if they use rest api of zeppelin to run paragraph, then
fetch and parse the result.

Let me know your concern about this. Thanks

[1] https://spark.apache.org/versioning-policy.html

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate support for Spark 2.2.x and earlier version

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone. I have created ticket
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-4038

Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com> 于2019年2月21日周四 上午10:33写道:

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate support for Spark 2.2.x and earlier version

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Xun Liu <ne...@163.com>.
+1