Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/05/30 23:38:17 UTC

Doc issues/extra feature needed?

Hey guys

I was looking through the docs trying to integrate tamaya and hammock to
make it more configurable.

We have this test:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/blob/master/code/core/src/test/java/org/apache/tamaya/core/propertysource/PropertiesFilePropertySourceTest.java

Which seems to be testing "SimplePropertySource" but that's not in
alignment with our docs: http://tamaya.incubator.apache.org/Core.html
mentions PropertiesFilePropertySource.
I'm under the belief that this class was renamed to SimplePropertySource.

I also noticed that there's no way to programmatically add a source to a
configuration, only via the services.  Is that on purpose?

John

Re: Doc issues/extra feature needed?

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

yes possible we renamed it.
The configuration is the access API. You have to use the
ConfigurationContext (ConfigurationProvider.getConfigurationContext()),
there you can add your own PropertySources programmatically. The builder
also allows you to define a complete custom ConfigurationContext
programmatically. Given a configuration context you can easily create your
custom Configuration instance as well.

J Anatole

--
*Anatole Tresch*