Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru> on 2013/03/18 12:31:08 UTC

Traffic tunneling

Alexey,
in Apache community to discuss issues is common to use the mailing lists.
You are welcome to Apache Openmeetings community.

Youpropose to use the yaws as a proxy server, which will perform
tunneling traffic.

As I understand yaws is distributed in most unix systems. In this case,
there is no need to download the tarball and install any version is not
clear yaws.
A instruction for setting up and configure yaws and the necessary
changes of config.xml will need.

For apache2 web server I can give an existing solution, you just need
enable the proxy module and add following lines toconfiguration file:

ProxyPass /openmeetings http://localhost:5080/openmeetings
ProxyPassReverse /openmeetings/ http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/

ProxyPass /open http://localhost:8088/open
ProxyPassReverse /open http://localhost:8088/open

ProxyPass /send http://localhost:8088/send
ProxyPassReverse /send http://localhost:8088/send

ProxyPass /idle http://localhost:8088/idle
ProxyPassReverse /idle http://localhost:8088/idle

ProxyPass /close http://localhost:8088/close
ProxyPassReverse /close http://localhost:8088/close

But in this solution there is overhead with wrapping rtmp traffic to http.

For me, it is not clear what your solution is different from the above?

Best regards,
Denis Kandrov.

Re: Traffic tunneling

Posted by Alexey Ghenov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

>http://openmeetings.apache.org/svn.html
I exlored it in process of developing of rejected proposal.

I need a a point (jave package, and maybe classes related with tunneling)
to start.

Best regards,
Alexey.

Re: Traffic tunneling