Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]" <da...@nih.gov> on 2016/04/20 23:01:41 UTC

Remedial Map-Reduce logic

Well, it's been a long time since I took any data structures and algorithms course (2000, basically), and after the recent Solr 6 feature chat, I was very curious whether there was real computational goodness behind the move towards a JDBC interface based on Streaming Expressions.   This led me to stuff I should have read a long, long time ago:

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1629175.1629197

So, yes, Solr providing Streaming Expressions and JDBC is a powerful good thing.

Dan Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems,
National Library of Medicine, NIH