Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mac Ferguson <ma...@sympatico.ca> on 2001/04/01 22:07:02 UTC

RE: CVS directory structure

Since I deploy most of the stuff I write as .EAR files, this is the
structure I use:

/
build.xml <-- ANT build file)
	/src
		/client <-- client source packages
		/web	<-- web source packages
		/ejb	<-- ejb source packages
	/build
		/ejb	<-- ejb-jar file is assembled here
		/web	<-- war file is assembled here
		/j2ee <-- ear file is assembled here
	/lib <-- compile-time libraries go here
	/etc <-- deployment descriptors and various properties file go here
	/release <-- after the ear file is assembled it is copied here (I usually
make this the deploy directory in my app server)

This allows me to re-use the same Ant build file with minimal
re-configuration and the /build directories allow me to pull out and inspect
the various components at any stage of the build process. The only
refinement I'm considering right now is to subdivide the /etc directory
Hope this helps
Mac Ferguson