Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru> on 2003/06/30 07:34:58 UTC

Re[2]: Dynamic Reconfiguration

Hello Stephen!

SM> One of the things that can be done to make the above scenario more
SM> manageable is to mark state that is supplied to a component by a
SM> container as immutable.  For example, it is possible to imagine a
SM> component type declaring (as part of its meta-info) the immutable versus
SM> modifiable information.  This could be done at the level of individual
SM> context entries...

In the spirit of these ideas (and being quite wild :-)
what if we just passed _two_ configurations, _two_ contexts, _two_
parameter sets. One of them would be mutable, the other immutable.

This efficiently removes the need to declare entries as
mutable/immutable, we just put them to different conf/context/param.

Nice? :-)

-Anton