Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/16 17:53:26 UTC

How to clean up external db entities with names matching OFBiz internal entities?

I'm working on importing data into OFBiz and have encountered a stoppage
issue related to external db entity names matching those of OFBiz.  I
added a <group-name> element to the default delegator in
entityengine.xml because I gave up trying to create a separate delegator
for the external entity described in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Handling+of+External+data.
I suppose if a separate delegator existed to handle the external db then
there wouldn't be a conflict.

The documentation instructs to refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/ofbiz-tutorial-a-beginners-development-guide.html
on how to clean up entities that match the current DB but I can't find
anything in that doc that mentioned cleanup.

Can someone advise how these cases are typically handled?

Re: How to clean up external db entities with names matching OFBiz internal entities?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
On Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:00 PM, christian.carlow@gmail.com wrote
> I finally got the second delegator to work.  The external db delegator
> throws errors initially because it cannot find OFBiz tables but works as
> needed the warnings are thrown.  Most of the instructions to get to this
> point was provided in
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Handling+of+External+data
> but it doesn't include anything about renaming readers and loaders which
> seems necessary in order for start not to fail.
>
> I think more documentation is needed on the subject of the creation and
> use of new delegators.

You might improve it yourself in the open wiki. You need to register and ask here for a contributor access.
For closed spaces, you can drop a comment and we will integrate it (or not)

Jacques

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.