Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marc Schlegel <my...@gmx.de> on 2012/04/23 09:42:20 UTC

WebSphere 7: Portlet-EAR deployment

Hello everyone

We are currentyl facing an issue with a Portlet that is packaged by Maven 3.0.4) and deployed to WebSphere 7.

The project consists only of a Parent that has a EAR- and a WAR-module. I should mention first that we use JavaEE 5 and Rational Software Architect 8 (RSA).

The problem is, that the EAR can be deployed to the server but the internal WAR is not recognized as Portlet. To make sure we havent forgot anything we created a Portlet via RSA whicht deploys successfull using WTP-Adapter. Then we copied the files (portlet.xml, jsp, and so on) to our Maven project.

I did some investigation and it seems there are a couple of issues with WebSphere 7. The first thing I realized when I was looking at the internal server-structure (installedApps) was that there seems to be a problem with the naming of the folders. Can it be that WAS doesnt like artifacts with Maven-Versions in the name?
Anyway even using a plain "finalName" in the POM didnt solve our problem.

Can someone provide me with some WebSphere-expertise please? How can we successfully deploy a Portlet to WebSphere".
I know my question is not very clear...all I know is that WebSphere has some problems with the standard Maven-way ;-)

best regards
Marc