Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Santos Jha <sa...@adelphia.net> on 2004/02/26 12:53:02 UTC

Error Message:

Dear All,

My System was running fine for about last one month. Suddenly it start
to malfunction. and I start to get following messages.
I am not sure what they mean. I will appreciate if some one can throw
some light on it. Thank you.
Santos

WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error : CL stopped
WebappClassLoader: Lifecycle error : CL stopped
java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
        at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:1071)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1329)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1289)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ObjectFactory.findProviderClass(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ObjectFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ObjectFactory.findJarServiceProvider(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ObjectFactory.createObject(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ObjectFactory.createObject(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.npac.nmt.msg.XmlData.<init>(XmlData.java:21)
        at
com.npac.nmt.msg.MessageDirector.messageSubType(MessageDirector.java:38)
        at
com.npac.nmt.agentComm.AgentCommunicator.ExchangeMsg(AgentCommunicator.java:
645)
        at
com.npac.nmt.agentComm.AgentCommunicator.run(AgentCommunicator.java:694)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
org.apache.xerces.util.ObjectFactory$ConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration not found
[...]
        at oppClassLoader: Lifecycle error : CL stopped
[...]
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)rg.apache.xerces.util.ObjectFactory.new
Instance(Unknown Source)

Deploying to ROOT problem

Posted by Andrew Watters <an...@gointernet.co.uk>.
I'm using the deployer via an ant task to deploy my application. I am
using deployer 5.0.18 on windows and deploying to tomcat 5.0.18 on both
windows and linux.  The following works fine

    <deploy url="${server.url}/manager"
            username="${deployer.username}"
            password="${deployer.password}"
            path="/${web.app}"
            war="${dist}/${web.app}.war"
            update="true" />

I also need to deploy to root. I have tried both

    <deploy url="${server.url}/manager"
            username="${deployer.username}"
            password="${deployer.password}"
            path="/"
            war="${dist}/${web.app}.war"
            update="true" />

and

    <deploy url="${server.url}/manager"
            username="${deployer.username}"
            password="${deployer.password}"
            path="/ROOT"
            war="${dist}/${web.app}.war"
            update="true" />

The first option completes successfully but I can see no evidence of my
application being unpacked; browsing to '/' doesn't show my application.
The second option also completes successfully and this time I see the
application unpacked under webapps/ROOT; browsing to '/' doesn't help
but browsing to '/ROOT/' shows that my appplication is there.

Does anybody know how to deploy to root using the deployer please? Any
help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew