Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net> on 2004/06/23 06:54:52 UTC

[OT] Issues while developing and deploying enterprise application

hi,

I have N ejb jars packaged into a single EAR file.

1. ProductEJB.jar ( with entities Product, Category etc..)
2. OrderEJB.jar (with entities OrderItem, Orders etc..)

Now, i have a unidirectional cmr based relation OrderItem-Product where
each item refers to one of the products. But both entities are defined
in separate ejb-jar.xml.

According to EJB specs, the entities for which are involved in the
relation using cmr-field MUST be in same DD (ejb-jar.xml), which means i
can't have separate DDs.

Q1.
If i generate somehow a common DD for all modules and place them in 1
ejb module, rest of the modules will have empty META-INF directory.
Will it be recognized as valid EJB module by the EJB container?

Q2.
In a large enterprise application, we have many related modules which
need to be developed independently by diff teams. This restriction
completely thwarts the possibility of independent module development as
still the DDs are to be generated a single large monolithic file.

Any suggestions how to develop in these scenarios.

Navjot Singh

Re: [OT] Issues while developing and deploying enterprise application

Posted by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net>.
thx a lot, robert.
i thought nobody will reply to my trivial question. i will follow up on
that list.

navjot singh

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.