Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by exabrial <ex...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/04 20:13:20 UTC

How does one create a duplex connection using the Broker URI?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a duplex bridge from an TomEE server to an ActiveMQ
master broker.

  <Resource
    id="ActiveMQResourceAdapter"
    type="ActiveMQResourceAdapter">

BrokerXmlConfig=broker:(vm://localhost,network:static:tcp://localhost:61616)?useJmx=false
    ServerUrl=vm://localhost?async=true
  </Resource>

This works, but only in one direction.

I suspect the answer would be to do this:

  <Resource
    id="ActiveMQResourceAdapter"
    type="ActiveMQResourceAdapter">

BrokerXmlConfig=broker:(vm://localhost,network:(static:tcp://localhost:61616)?duplex=true)?useJmx=false
    ServerUrl=vm://localhost?async=true
  </Resource>

However that results in a parse error. I feel like I'm missing something
obvious. Thank you!

Re: How does one create a duplex connection using the Broker URI?

Posted by exabrial <ex...@gmail.com>.
Yah I'm confused as well... the unit test references duplexLocalBroker.xml
uses XML configuration. I'd like to avoid adding the spring jars to my
server classpath for a lot of reasons.

Re: How does one create a duplex connection using the Broker URI?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Is this prior thread the same issue you're seeing?
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Duplex-isn-t-working-connecting-an-embedded-broker-to-a-external-broker-td4702392.html

Rob linked to a unit test in that thread, but it wasn't obvious to me how
that test addressed the OP's issue.

Tim