Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Simon Klaiber <li...@klaiber.com> on 2005/08/02 20:24:04 UTC

Mail with big Attachment get Lost without a trace

Hi I have James running with mysql 4.1 as DB.

when I send (and probably ralso recive) Mails with big attachments they
get lost without any trace:

In the SMTPSERVER Log it says Mail spooled Correctly and in Mailet Log
it say Storing mail in db://maildb/Inbox/xyz

But the Mail never apears in the inbox.

There are no Exceptions in any of the logs or the console.

I dind do excact measurements. The File I had the problems with was 12 MB

Files < 2 MB seems to be no problem.

Do you know anything about such behaviour.

Greetings from Germany
Simon

Re: Mail with big Attachment get Lost without a trace

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
It's a limitation of MySQL
Look for the max_allowed_packet in your mysql configuration
http://james.apache.org/FAQ.html#16

PS: if you didn't change the james logging I'm SURE that an exception with
max_allowed_packet in the description is in the logs. Look better.

Stefano