Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Andreas Kollegger <ak...@tembopublic.org> on 2010/08/01 00:24:37 UTC

Re: Scala and osgi

Scala singleton objects are implemented as a final java class with a static initializer that doesn't behave any differently under OSGi than a plain old java class with similar methods and initialization.

If I understand your concern, you're implying that singleton objects exist in a separate thread of some kind, with their own lifecycle, which may get orphaned when you unload a bundle. But, they don't, so it's not a problem.

See [1] for a brief look inside scala singleton objects.

/Andreas

[1] http://pbadenski.blogspot.com/2009/06/design-patterns-in-scala-singleton.html