Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Amal Elmah <am...@hotmail.com> on 2011/07/08 02:58:46 UTC

evaluate the model

I built a model using Opennlp using the instructions in the documentation
so I used training data in such the following format:

<START:person> Pierre Vinken <END> , 61 years old , will join the board as a nonexecutive director Nov. 29 .
Mr . <START:person> Vinken <END> is chairman of Elsevier N.V. , the Dutch publishing group .
<START:person> Rudolph Agnew <END> , 55 years old and former chairman of Consolidated Gold Fields

I am now trying to evaluate this model but I don't know if the test data should conatin tag as the above or not.

thanks alot

Re: evaluate the model

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 7/8/11 2:58 AM, Amal Elmah wrote:
> I built a model using Opennlp using the instructions in the documentation
> so I used training data in such the following format:
>
> <START:person>  Pierre Vinken<END>  , 61 years old , will join the board as a nonexecutive director Nov. 29 .
> Mr .<START:person>  Vinken<END>  is chairman of Elsevier N.V. , the Dutch publishing group .
> <START:person>  Rudolph Agnew<END>  , 55 years old and former chairman of Consolidated Gold Fields
>
> I am now trying to evaluate this model but I don't know if the test data should conatin tag as the above or not.

The OpenNLP built-in evaluation always needs the tags in the test data,
otherwise it assumes that
the data with no-tags is correct and counts every name as a mistake.

You also need much more training data.

Please feel free to send us a patch to our documentation to clarify this.

Jörn