Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas Hanson <th...@Danish-Company.com> on 2002/03/07 13:37:24 UTC

Perl script for Cobalt Cube 3

I am trying to make 2 perl scripts for our cube3 since we are trying to
automate the add user and delete user administration.

So far I have found perl scripts to add users and groups, delete users and
groups but not to add or delete mail aliases.
Those scripts use these modules :
Cobalt::user
Cobalt::group

I found that there is a Cobalt::mail  module too, and figure I need to use
that one too.

Where can I find som info on these modules and how to use them?
And can anyone give me any pointers on what else I might need (I have never
programmed perl before, but there is always a first time).

Thanks

Thomas

Re: Perl script for Cobalt Cube 3

Posted by darren chamberlain <dl...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Quoting Thomas Hanson <th...@Danish-Company.com> [Mar 07, 2002 07:36]:
> I am trying to make 2 perl scripts for our cube3 since we are
> trying to automate the add user and delete user administration.
>
> So far I have found perl scripts to add users and groups,
> delete users and groups but not to add or delete mail aliases.
> Those scripts use these modules :
> Cobalt::user
> Cobalt::group
>
> I found that there is a Cobalt::mail  module too, and figure I
> need to use that one too.
>
> Where can I find som info on these modules and how to use them?
> And can anyone give me any pointers on what else I might need
> (I have never programmed perl before, but there is always a
> first time).

Can't you just open up the modules and read the source code?
Let perl tell you where they are:

  perl -MCobalt::user -MCobalt::group -MCobalt::mail -e 'print map "Cobalt::$_ => $INC{"Cobalt/${_}.pm}\n", qw(user group mail)'

(darren)

--
Laziness is often mistaken for patience.