Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thibaut <la...@ifrance.com> on 2006/03/22 11:41:11 UTC

Validation Problem

Hi

I have all the time the same problem and there is a week i try to solve
it. It should be trivial but i can't see.
None of my validation work !
I now use Struts 1.2.8 with module. The application use to work with
Struts 1.0.

In the Struts-config.xml of the "user" module :

    <action    path="/insertANewCandidate"

type="com.cvdunet.controller.action.UpdateResponsesForRequestAction"
               input="missions_copyMailToBasket.jsp"
               name="candidateForm"
               scope="request"
               validate="false">
       <forward name="success_from_tool" path="/close.jsp"/>
       <forward name="success" path="/mycv.jsp"/>
    </action>

  <controller pagePattern="$M$P" maxFileSize="2M" inputForward="true" />
  <message-resources
parameter="com.cvdunet.controller.ApplicationResources"/>

In the action :

        CandidateForm candidateForm = (CandidateForm) form;
            ActionMessages errors = candidateForm.validate();
            if (!errors.isEmpty()) {
                this.saveErrors(request, errors);
                return mapping.getInputForward();
            }

And in the form :

     public ActionMessages validate()
     {
             ActionMessages errors  = new ActionMessages();
             ActionMessage error = new
ActionMessage(CandidateConstant.NO_BASKET);
             errors.add(ActionMessages.GLOBAL_MESSAGE, error);
             return errors;
    }

Can anyone help ?
Thank you

--
Thibaut Lassalle

Re: Validation Problem

Posted by Thibaut <la...@ifrance.com>.
Hi

i found the solution i was looking for :
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsDeprecatedActionErrors
Thank you for those who tried to help me.

Thibaut Lassalle