Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by abdul razack <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/24 07:35:13 UTC

Regarding setting log size

Hi,

We are using tomcat apache-tomcat-5.5.23 for development purpose.
We  want the same tomcat to push for Production in Window 2000 server.

  Our web application log level is low.

All logs would be created in directory D:\apache-tomcat-5.5.23\logs.
The log file names are as,
 1.localhost.2007-12-24.log
 2.catalina.2007-12-24.log
 3.manager.2007-12-24.log
 4.host-manager.2007-12-24.log
 5.admin.2007-12-24.log

  But log  size would increase in production day by day.

  We want that tomcat automatically archives the log files and
create a new one once a certains size is reached.

  we are not using log4j properties.

  Please help us what needs to set in logging.properties file.

  Thanks & Regards
-Abdul Razack

---------------------------------

Re: Regarding setting log size

Posted by abdul razack <sh...@yahoo.com>.
Thaank you David.
  As you suggest, I am applying log4j....

  Regards
  -Abdul Razack

david delbecq <de...@oma.be> wrote:
  catalina.out it the output of stdio and stderr, for this file, it's not
easy to logrotate it, unless you stop tomcat at night. For the others
ones, using log4j, i suggest you take a look at log4j documentation, it
explains how to do rotating log for the log4j appenders.

Re: Regarding setting log size

Posted by david delbecq <de...@oma.be>.