Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/07/01 15:38:46 UTC

Re: Problem with changing the deployment-id format

Recursion,

I will commit the fix ASAP.

recursion wrote:

> I have experimented with other combinations and they don't work either.
> For example, starting with
> openejb start "-Dopenejb.deploymentId.format={interfaceClass}{ejbName}", i
> get a deployment-id of
> "interfaceClassMyBean" for a bean with beanName=MyBean. This means, that
> {interfaceClass} was not processed at all and was just appended to the
> beanName as a string constant.

David and I had a discussion yesterday on IRC related to that point.
Just to be clear, {interfaceClass} can't be used with deployment-id pattern
because there is not predictable algorithm applicable to define the
interfaceClass parameter.

Jean-Louis

Re: Problem with changing the deployment-id format

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Recursion,

It will be available in next 3.1.2 release. The real question is when ?
To be honest I don't know. We want to reduce minor releases.
I will try to check that point with the community ASAP.

Regards,
Jean-Louis

Posted by recursion <ba...@yahoo.com>.
OK, Jean-Louis,

Thank you! I thought that specifying the jndi format is equally flexible as
specifying the deployment id format, meaning that both can use the same set
of predefined format variables. Seems this is not the case.
I was referring to http://openejb.apache.org/deployment-id.html

Regards,
recursion.