Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/06 14:22:20 UTC

Question regarding EJB Timers

Hi

I've been looking for some details on EJB Timers and retries... maybe
someone can help me out on the below?

- WebSphere has default an unlimited number of retries with a 300 sec (5
min) interval.
- Assume we have a timer that triggers every half hour and that it at some
point fails (lets assume 1 clock for the example below)
- Only thing I can find the EJB JSR318 EJB 3.1 is:

  - "If the container-managed transaction is rolled back, the container
retries the timeout." and
  - "The container must retry the timeout after the transaction rollback."
and
  - "If the transaction fails or is rolled back, the container must retry
the timeout at least once."

Questions

- Are all details around retries implementation specific? How does OpenEJB
handle it?
- Assume that the timer tasks all fail before say 1:30, will I then see the
following scenario??

  - 1:00 - Timer due to @Schedule expression => Fails
  - 1:05 -> 1:25 (every 5 minutes) - Timer due to retry => Fails
  - 1:30 - Timer due to @Schedule expression => Succeed
  - 2:00 - Timer due to @Schedule expression => Succeed
  - ... and so on...

- Or might the Timer trigger twice (or twice within a short timeinterval
around) 2:00 ?
- Will the retry of the Timer stop as soon as the Timer not fails
regardless of wether it was triggered as a result of a retry or a normal
@Scheduler?

--
Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Lars-Fredrik Smedberg

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
message and any attachments.

Re: Question regarding EJB Timers

Posted by Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Romain.... and sorry for missing out that i already asked half of my
questions in the last mail :-)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <it...@gmail.com>.
Hi again