Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by vvchoy <va...@ventyx.com> on 2009/07/09 21:08:07 UTC

runtime configuration

Hi,

Currently in our project, the way we handle application (ie. SU) runtime
configuration is as follows:

    * create a property file residing in the same directory as java source
file (of our SU)
    * have some libraries that access the properties defined in the file
during runtime.

this is pretty rigid. So I am wondering how other projects handle their
runtime configuration ?

    * externalization through spring PropertyPlaceHolderConfigurer ?
    * in term of packaging and deployment:

- do they get packaged in the SU, and then deployed to a different
deployment directory ?

Appreciate any insights in this area .... Thanks.

Re: runtime configuration

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 2009-7-10, at 上午3:08, vvchoy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently in our project, the way we handle application (ie. SU)
> runtime
> configuration is as follows:
>
>    * create a property file residing in the same directory as java
> source
> file (of our SU)
>    * have some libraries that access the properties defined in the
> file
> during runtime.
>

> this is pretty rigid. So I am wondering how other projects handle
> their
> runtime configuration ?
>
>    * externalization through spring PropertyPlaceHolderConfigurer ?
Yeah, this is a solution
>    * in term of packaging and deployment:
>
> - do they get packaged in the SU, and then deployed to a different
> deployment directory ?
I don't think you need package the properties file used for spring
PropertyPlaceHolderConfigurer into SU/SA, just put the properties file
into conf folder, so that you can edit the properties and needn't re
build SU/SA to pick up your properties changes

Freeman

> Appreciate any insights in this area .... Thanks.

Freeman Fang
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com