Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by KKS <ks...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/06 01:05:43 UTC

Can JMS API be used with ActiveMQ

If I use Active MQ, will i be forced to use its custom API like
ActiveMqConnectionFactory instead of standard JMS API ?

Thx

Re: Can JMS API be used with ActiveMQ

Posted by KKS <ks...@yahoo.com>.
Thx everyone. It seems I can just do jndi lookup on factory and then use
standard JMS objects, that way all my code is pure JMS. Thx

Re: Can JMS API be used with ActiveMQ

Posted by D Howe <da...@sensis.com.au>.
ActiveMQ is a JMS 1.1 provider, so you can use the JMS API. See the  Hello
World  example. You need the ActiveMQConnectionFactory as the starting point
into the JMS API - it implements the JMS ConnectionFactory interface.  You
can either instantiate it directly (like HelloWorld) or you can look it up
from  JNDI .  From there on in, you should only need to reference interfaces
that are part of the JMS API.

Re: Can JMS API be used with ActiveMQ

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Hi,

AFAIK, use just need a way to load a ConnectionFactory, after which you
can freely use the JMS API as is.

You could load it using JNDI (no AMQ specific API is being used in the
examples)
http://www.activemq.org/site/jndi-support.html

I've also tried using ClassLoaders.

Hope this helps. :)

Regards,
Adrian Co

Posted by Kit Plummer <ch...@raytheon.com>.
We used straight JMS API with no problems...just extra work.