Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Abhishek Kapoor <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/30 12:05:04 UTC

Get StandAlone Registry API

Hello,
>From Where can I download standalone Registry API to register modules.
*Abhishek Kapoor*
*Under Graduate Student*
*Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.*

Re: Get StandAlone Registry API

Posted by priyanshu patra <pr...@gmail.com>.
Sir, as far as I have understood from my local installation- say if a php-
or cpp-client wants to run on a server, it needs to have both Airavata and
Thrift installation. However, a complete installation is not required-
"stand alone + Thrift" client sdks should work.
A related documentation is given in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/PHP+Command+Line+Scripts+Tutorial
which I'm trying to run but have been unable to do so since it's for an
older version.

Regards,
Priyanshu

Posted by Emre Brookes <em...@biochem.uthscsa.edu>.
Suresh,

Posted by Abhishek Kapoor <ab...@gmail.com>.
​Okay, I wiil check for that first I need to get the standalone API so
that, I could start

Re: Get StandAlone Registry API

Posted by Emre Brookes <em...@biochem.uthscsa.edu>.
Abhishek Kapoor wrote:

> Sir,
> We should not register the executables again and again. what we can do
> is we can register it via genapp.pl <http://geenapp.pl>
> that should be the best way
Right, but people will also run genapp.pl many times during development,
so the code should really check
to see if it was registered and only register if not previously
registered.  This is why I was asking how Airavata
handles duplicate registry during Fridays hangout.

Cheers
-E.

Re: Get StandAlone Registry API

Posted by Abhishek Kapoor <ab...@gmail.com>.
Sir,
We should not register the executables again and again. what we can do is
we can register it via geenapp.pl
that should be the best way

Re: Get StandAlone Registry API

Posted by Emre Brookes <em...@biochem.uthscsa.edu>.
Abhishek Kapoor wrote:

> Sir,
> As far as I understood, we have to first register all our executable
> modules(present in genapptest/bin) in Airavata like the one registered
> in samples of Airavata and this has no relation with language apis
> present.
> So there must be some library or online api present so that I could
> use regter functions.
Any language api can be used, but one of them *needs* to be used.
It would be nice to use the php api for html5/php generated code,
java api for java
c++ for qt versions.
You can study what Nadeem did here
https://github.com/NadeemAnjum/GenAppAiravata
But his registry program isn't included since he wrote some of it in
java because the nice thrift bindings weren't available then.

To do this correctly in the genapp way, you would create something in
genapp/languages/{html5,qt3,...}/util/register_airavata.{php,cpp,java}
then add this program to each language assembly json code so it is
produced "once"
and this would be produced when genapp.pl is run for an application.
If you can get it to work as a simple command line program for now, I
can help provide your further instructions
to get it properly integrated into genapp.

Define variables in the code for host and port and we can later map them
to directives.json or appconfig.json values.

-E.

Re: Get StandAlone Registry API

Posted by Emre Brookes <em...@biochem.uthscsa.edu>.
Abhishek Kapoor wrote:
> Hello,
> From Where can I download standalone Registry API to register modules.
> --
> Regards,
> *Abhishek Kapoor*
> *Under Graduate Student*
> *Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.*

Do you mean Airavata "experiments" which is the equivalent to GenApp
"modules" or
do you mean Airavata "modules" which I believe is something else ...

I would assume the Registry API is "running" on the Airavata server
instance you are using.
To communicate with the server, you will have to know and define in the
client some server information (hostip and port#).
Client examples should be in the
airavata/airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/...
and also in the airavata-php-gateway code (particularly in
app/libraries/Utilities.php)

-E.