Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/01 18:25:41 UTC

Fwd: Host is down / mngt server

Hi,

I have restarted the mngt server (installed according to the new procedure
described by Rohit / Sebastien) but the host status is down. What can I do
to restart it or resolve the issue ?

[INFO] Started Jetty Server
INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-Worker-3:work-11)
Rescheduling HAWork[11-HA-4-Running-Investigating] to try again at Sat Dec
01 18:31:23 CET 2012
INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-Worker-0:work-9)
Rescheduling HAWork[9-HA-1-Running-Investigating] to try again at Sat Dec
01 18:31:23 CET 2012
INFO  [cloud.ha.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (HA-Worker-2:work-10)
Rescheduling HAWork[10-HA-2-Running-Investigating] to try again at Sat Dec
01 18:31:23 CET 2012
INFO  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl] (Cluster-Heartbeat-1:) We are
good, no orphan management server msid in host table is found
INFO  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl] (Cluster-Heartbeat-1:) No inactive
management server node found
WARN  [cloud.cluster.ClusterManagerImpl] (Cluster-Notification-1:)
Notifying management server join event took 610 ms
WARN  [cloud.resource.DiscovererBase] (ClusteredAgentManager Timer:) Unable
to configure resource due to Can not create slave connection to
192.168.56.10
WARN  [agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl] (ClusteredAgentManager Timer:)
Unable to load the resource: 1
WARN  [agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl] (AgentManager-Handler-5:) Throwing
away a request because it came through as the first command on a connect:
Seq 0-447:  { Cmd , MgmtId: -1, via: 0, Ver: v1, Flags: 11,
[{"PingCommand":{"hostType":"ConsoleProxy","hostId":0,"wait":0}}] }
WARN  [agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl] (AgentManager-Handler-6:) Throwing
away a request because it came through as the first command on a connect:
Seq 0-448:  { Cmd , MgmtId: -1, via: 0, Ver: v1, Flags: 11,
[{"PingStorageCommand":{"changes":{},"hostType":"Storage","hostId":0,"wait":0}}]
}
INFO  [network.security.SecurityGroupListener] (AgentConnectTaskPool-1:)
Received a host startup notification
INFO  [network.security.SecurityGroupListener] (AgentConnectTaskPool-2:)
Received a host startup notification
INFO  [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageListener]
(AgentConnectTaskPool-2:) Received a host startup notification
com.cloud.agent.api.StartupSecondaryStorageCommand
INFO  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
(AgentConnectTaskPool-1:) Successfully sent out command to start HTTP
handling in console proxy agent
INFO  [storage.download.DownloadMonitorImpl] (AgentConnectTaskPool-2:)
Template Sync found routing-1 already in the template host table
INFO  [storage.download.DownloadMonitorImpl] (AgentConnectTaskPool-2:)
Template Sync did not find centos55-x86_64 ready on server 2, will request
download to start/resume shortly
INFO  [storage.download.DownloadMonitorImpl] (AgentConnectTaskPool-2:)
Template Sync found tiny Linux already in the template host table
INFO  [storage.download.DownloadMonitorImpl] (AgentConnectTaskPool-2:)
Template Sync did not find centos53-x64 ready on server 2, will request
download to start/resume shortly
INFO  [storage.download.DownloadMonitorImpl] (AgentConnectTaskPool-2:)
Template Sync found 207-2-d97e2bc1-6e8c-30b0-a45b-bafd6a15b59a already in
the template host table
INFO  [cloud.api.ApiServer] (1122108505@qtp-221024277-0:) expired session,
missing signature, or missing apiKey -- ignoring request...sig: null,
apiKey: null
WARN  [cloud.resource.DiscovererBase] (ClusteredAgentManager Timer:) Unable
to configure resource due to Can not create slave connection to
192.168.56.10
WARN  [agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl] (ClusteredAgentManager Timer:)
Unable to load the resource: 1

Charles Moulliard

Charles Moulliard

RE: Host is down / mngt server

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com>.
After you import devcloud appliance, take a snapshot so you know how to revert back in case you mess up.
Looking at the logs I see HA is triggered as it could not connect to host at 56.10:

>WARN  [cloud.resource.DiscovererBase] (ClusteredAgentManager Timer:) Unable
>to configure resource due to Can not create slave connection to
>192.168.56.10

Not sure, probably some environment issue.

Other thing is someone asked how to have multiple devclouds, answer is right now even if you import multiple devcloud appliance, the host uuids are same and the local storage is tied with that uuid, so it will fail. You'll have to recreate one using the base template (http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/vms/debian-wheezy-basex86.ova) and follow the diy steps (http://rohityadav.in/logs/devcloud/).

Regards.