Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tauren Mills <ta...@tauren.com> on 2007/09/19 23:30:25 UTC

Wicket shopping cart?

I'm looking for an open source shopping cart built in wicket, but
haven't found such a thing yet.  Does anyone know of something out
there?

I've noticed in several posts that people have been working on
shopping solutions.  Are any of you willing to open source your
solution?  Ultimately, I'd like to make an open source shopping cart
available to the wicket community, but would rather not duplicate
efforts if others would be interested in contributing any existing
codebase.

Thanks!
Tauren

Re: Wicket shopping cart?

Posted by Scott Swank <sc...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure that PetStore will be of great value.  I'd just start by
defining what you want your cart to contain.  Do you have domain
objects that already correspond to the sort of saleable item you want
in your cart?  If not, then you need that.  Then you really just need
a Cart class with methods to add an item, remove an item, empty
itself, etc.  Then I'd suggest a custom Wicket session with a
getCart() method.

- Scott

Scott Swank
reformed mathematician