Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Gary Hallmark <Ga...@oracle.com> on 2002/01/08 22:52:27 UTC

APIExample.java not working in Xindice 1.0rc1 (DarkHorse)

Hi folks,

The first issue is that the line

DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:dbxml:///db/root/ocs");

apparently should be changed to

DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice:///db/system");

in order to avoid an early demise due to a null pointer exception.

The next issue is that after the above change, the console output is

Database Name db

SysAccess

SysGroups

SysObjects

SysConfig

SysUsers

SysSymbols

Error creating document '<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <test>Hello</test>'

Document Key: test

Retrieving Document using getResource

test

ERROR : org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Collection No IndexManager

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Collection No IndexManager

	org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException
org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(java.lang.Exception)

		FaultCodes.java:239

	org.xmldb.api.base.Resource
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.CollectionImpl.getResource(java.lang.String)

		CollectionImpl.java:404

	void
org.apache.xindice.examples.APIExample.retrieveDocument(org.xmldb.api.base.Collection,
java.lang.String)

		APIExample.java:157

	void org.apache.xindice.examples.APIExample.main(java.lang.String[])

		APIExample.java:99

I can keep plugging along, as its' a great way to learn the code, but you
folks probably know what's up right away...

Thanks!

Re: Initial DB config was Re: APIExample.java not working in Xindice 1.0rc1 (DarkHorse)

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Tuesday, January 8, 2002, at 05:38 PM, Tom Bradford wrote:

> It was an oversight...  I forgot we even have examples :-)

> We should probably add a task to the example build or execution scripts
> to create the collections if needed.

More likely a step or two should be added to the install doc to create the
/db/root collection again. It could be good too as it will give people an
early indication of whether the server is setup right or not.

> --
> Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
> Developer - Apache Xindice (Native XML Database)
> Creator - Project Labrador (XML Object Broker)

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/

Re: Initial DB config was Re: APIExample.java not working in Xindice 1.0rc1 (DarkHorse)

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
Create a regular collection using the command line tools, don't use system.