Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Galia Angelova <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/17 16:43:37 UTC

Informix configuration

Hi!
Does anybody know how to configure cocoon in order to work with Informix?
Ihe informix data base is on a remote PC- "profisrv",Informix server name - "ol_profisrv", database name "eisppbase"
I've done the folowing configuration:

  in cocoon.xconf:

  <datasources>
    <jdbc name="eispp">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:informix-sqli://profisrv:1526/eisppbase:INFORMIXSERVER=ol_profisrv</dburl>
      <user>usr</user>
      <password/>
      <DBDATE>DMY4/<DBDATE>
    </jdbc>
  </datasources>

in web.xml:

<init-param>
  <param-name>load-class</param-name>
  <param-value>
 com.informix.jdbcx.IfxConnectionPoolDataSource
  </param-value>
</init-param>

page.xml:

<page xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
    <title>My App page</title>
    <content>
        <para>Just a static contents</para>
        <execute-query xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
          <query>
          select title from sm_State where ID_State='12'
          <!-- here comes the SQL statement or stored procedure -->
          </query>
        </execute-query>

    </content>
</page>
sitemap.xmap:
                <map:match pattern="*.xml">
                        <map:generate src="xml/{1}.xml"/>
                        <map:transform type="sql">
                               <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="eispp"/>
                               <map:parameter name="show-nr-of-rows" value="true"/>
                         </map:transform>
                        <map:transform src="xsl/style.xsl"/>
                        <map:serialize/>
                </map:match>

After running the application I get this message:

My App pageJust a static contents Failed to obtain connection. Made 5 attempts with 5000ms interval

Is there something that I've missed?
Thank you in advance!

Galia

Re: Informix configuration

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Galia Angelova wrote:
> Hi!
> Does anybody know how to configure cocoon in order to work with Informix?
> Ihe informix data base is on a remote PC- "profisrv",Informix server
> name - "ol_profisrv", database name "eisppbase"
> I've done the folowing configuration:
>

>   in cocoon.xconf:
>
>   <datasources>
>     <jdbc name="eispp">
>       <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
>
> <dburl>jdbc:informix-sqli://profisrv:1526/eisppbase:INFORMIXSERVER=ol_profisrv</dburl>
>       <user>usr</user>
>       <password/>
>       <DBDATE>DMY4/<DBDATE>
>     </jdbc>
>   </datasources>

To use newer Informix drivers with pooling you need a special avalon
connection pool for that. Don't have the details off head. See
cocoon.xconf / avalon excalibur docs.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de