Posted to user@ant.apache.org by hi...@accenture.com on 2005/10/11 16:50:30 UTC

installing ant on aix 5.2

Hello guys,
I am trying to install ant on a AIX 5.2 and i can not even untar the distribution(binary one).
Any clue?Is is a matter of GNU tar?
Hind Lwahhabi.

Re: installing ant on aix 5.2

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
hind.lwahhabi@accenture.com wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I am trying to install ant on a AIX 5.2 and i can not even untar the distribution(binary one).
> Any clue?Is is a matter of GNU tar?

yes, aix, like solaris and hpus has an old broken tar implementation
from AT&T, that cannot handle long filenames.

this should be covered in the ant documentation.