Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/03/27 19:27:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Creating a Knox 0.2.0 release

Hi Everyone,
I've been slowly working through everything that I think needs to be
done to prepare for release.  I think I'm mostly done with the exception
of things I can't really find or learn without actually doing it.  So I
would like to start the release discussion.  My reasons are:

1) We won't know for certain what is required for a release until we try it.
2) The incubation docs recommend to release as soon as possible.
3) We have external people interested in finding out more about Knox.
4) I hope a release can help us recruit more external contributors.

Process wise I wasn't certain if I should go straight for the [VOTE] or
not, hence the [DISCUSS]
Kevin.

Re: [DISCUSS] Creating a Knox 0.2.0 release

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me!

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Chris.  I'll call a vote tomorrow afternoon if there aren't any
objections.  I assume that I should become very familiar with the docs
below.
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html
Anything else I should be aware of.