Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Yanfeng Liu <li...@chinatmn.com> on 2002/03/30 00:39:25 UTC

Is Tyrex included in Tomcat 4.0.3

Hi,

I am trying to use the JDBC pool feature of Tomcat 4.0.3.

I am using the tomcat4-4.0.3 rpm packages on a RH 7.2 box.

Firstly I can not find the tyrex-0.9.7.jar in the tomcat release.

Secondly, when I copied a tyrex-0.9.7.jar in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib,
the JDBC pool I specified in <DefaultContext> still is not there.

Would you please tell me what should I do to make the Jdbc pooling work?

Thanks,
Yanfeng

Re: Is Tyrex included in Tomcat 4.0.3

Posted by Lev Assinovsky <le...@peterlink.ru>.
Tyrex is used to work (not providing the real pooling though).
Could you please show your server.xml, <application>/WEB-INF>/web.xml
and piece of Java code where you lookup the context?

Yanfeng Liu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the JDBC pool feature of Tomcat 4.0.3.
>
> I am using the tomcat4-4.0.3 rpm packages on a RH 7.2 box.
>
> Firstly I can not find the tyrex-0.9.7.jar in the tomcat release.
>
> Secondly, when I copied a tyrex-0.9.7.jar in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib,
> the JDBC pool I specified in <DefaultContext> still is not there.
>
> Would you please tell me what should I do to make the Jdbc pooling work?
>
> Thanks,
> Yanfeng

Lev Assinovsky                Peterlink Web
Programmer		      St. Petersburg, Russia
Tel/Fax: +7 812 3275343       197022 ul.Chapigina 7Á
E-mail: lev@peterlink.ru