Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/09 07:09:12 UTC

Where is the eclipse plug-in for hadoop 0.20.1

Hi all,

I could not find the ecilpse plug-in for hadoop 0.20.1. I only find the
source code eclipse plugin. But do not know how to build the plug-in.

Anyone could give some help?

Thank you.

Jeff Zhang

Re: Where is the eclipse plug-in for hadoop 0.20.1

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

Thank you. It works

Jeff Zhang

Re: Re: how to read file in hadoop

Posted by Gang Luo <lg...@yahoo.com.cn>.
It is because the content I read from the file is encoded in UTF8, I
use Text.decode to decode it back to plain text string, the problem is
gone now.

-Gang

发件人: Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>
收件人: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
发送日期: 2009/11/9 (周一) 11:58:22 下午
主   题: Re: Re: how to read file in hadoop

Maybe you can download the file to local to see what content is there.

Jeff Zhang

2009/11/10 Gang Luo <lg...@yahoo.com.cn>

> Since no response to this question up to now, I'd like to discribe more
> details about it.
>
> I try to read a file in HDFS and copy it to another file. It works well and
> I can see the content by 'cat' is what it supposed to be. The only problems
> is that, when I read it to Bytes[] and print it out to stdout, it is NOT
> what it should be. Thus, I cannot do anything (e.g. comparison) except write
> it directely to another file.
>
> I guess this problem may due to the setting of file format (text or binary)
> or coding (e.g.utf-8). Can someone give me some ideas?
>

> --Gang

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/

Re: Re: how to read file in hadoop

Posted by Gang Luo <lg...@yahoo.com.cn>.
I download it to my local filesystem. The content is correct, I can see it either by command or by texteditor. So, I think the file itself has no problem.

--Gang

主   题: Re: Re: how to read file in hadoop

Maybe you can download the file to local to see what content is there.

Jeff Zhang

2009/11/10 Gang Luo <lg...@yahoo.com.cn>

> Since no response to this question up to now, I'd like to discribe more
> details about it.
>
> I try to read a file in HDFS and copy it to another file. It works well and
> I can see the content by 'cat' is what it supposed to be. The only problems
> is that, when I read it to Bytes[] and print it out to stdout, it is NOT
> what it should be. Thus, I cannot do anything (e.g. comparison) except write
> it directely to another file.
>
> I guess this problem may due to the setting of file format (text or binary)
> or coding (e.g.utf-8). Can someone give me some ideas?
>

> --Gang

  好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/

Re: Re: how to read file in hadoop

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Re: how to read file in hadoop

how to read file in hadoop

Posted by Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Jeff

That is correct. The plugin for 0.20.1 exists only in the src/contrib as
it has some build and runtime issues. It is presently being tracked here -
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-6360

In the interim, if you go to that JIRA, you can obtain a 0.20.1 plugin.jar
that I have attached to the JIRA as a stop gap measure. I'd appreciate it
if you could report in the JIRA what works for you and what does not with
the attached plugin. Also, if you have any additional features for the
plugin that you would like to request, feel free to add them as a comment
to the JIRA.

Regards
Steve Watt

From: