Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/12 18:52:06 UTC

Bridge creation issue on Management Server for CS 4.1

Hi Folks,

I have installed KVM hypervisor and libvirtd is also running fine on my
management server.
I am having issues in setting up bridges. I am following this document
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/hypervisor-kvm-install-flow.html
Section : 8.1.7.2.1 , Is it mandatory to have three VLANs and two bridges ?
Is there any other way to achieve this ?
Because of this am unable to create hosts for my zone. Any suggestions ?

Thank you,
--
Ashutosh Narayan

http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/

Re: Bridge creation issue on Management Server for CS 4.1

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.
Well our proof of concept environment ( 8 node cluster xenserver right now,
it used to run KVM few weeks ago, but I switched over to xenserver), they
are all connected to high speed 10G storage network.

For testing I used 1 node.

For networking  each server has 2 X 1G NIC, & 2 X 10G Nic for storage.

When using xenserver

NIC1 - Management (unfortunately we can't trunk it)

NIC2  - bridge - for guest and another bridge for public

NIC3 & NIC4 Bond of 10G NIC = 20G NIC throughput

I'm honestly not sure how bridging should be setup in single NIC
environment.

Dean

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Ashutosh,

You could try looking at the devcloud instructions https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/devcloud.html

Although they reference building a combined CloudStack and KVM installation on a VM, you could follow the same basic steps on you metal host.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

I am using a single NIC on management server. And it's a all in one setup.
I have installed CloudStack 4.1 on Centos 6.3 on a metal box and using KVM

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Geoff Higginbottom < geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Dean,
>
> Can you provide a bit more info on your infrastructure such as number
> of Hosts, number of NICs in each host, versions etc
>
> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Bridge creation issue on Management Server for CS 4.1

Posted by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geoff,

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com>.